To access the wealth of electronic resources offered by the Gale Group, click this link:Gale Database
When accessing the link from home, you will need to enter the SMHS password – this is located on the library’s Moodle page.
Note that Gale has an app for smart phones. From the app store, choose Gale Cengage Learning access my library school edition (green AML icon). Select our school from the drop down list and enter the Gale password.
The Cengage Learning Database from Gale includes:
- Academic OneFile – The premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles from a plethora of periodicals and academic journals.
- Educator’s Reference Complete – Focuses on educational principles, child development, psychology, and best practices in education.
- Student Resources in Context – Offers a premium selection of reference material including primary sources, full-text periodicals and newspapers, multimedia (including video and audio clips), and podcasts.
- Info Trac Newsstand – A full-text newspaper database which allows users to search articles by title, headline, date, section, and more.
- Virtual Reference Library – Our own SMHS eBook digital reference collection from Gale Publishers.
- Biography in Context – Search for people (both current and historic) from all eras and fields of endeavor, based on name, occupation, nationality, ethnicity, gender, keyword, etc.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center – Access to carefully compiled and trusted medical reference materials. Includes nearly 400 health/medical journals, 700 videos, and articles from 2,200 general interest publications.
- U.S. History in Context – Contains historical documents, reference titles, and full-text journals covering themes, events, individuals and periods in U.S. history from pre-Colonial times to the present.
- World History in Context – Comprehensive collection of reference, articles, primary sources, images, maps and charts which provide expansive geographic and chronologic research materials for the study of world history.
- Literature Resource Center – In addition to full-text literary criticisms and reviews, this collection has up-to-date biographical information.
- Science in Context – Topic overviews, experiments, biographies, pictures and illustrations including the latest scientific developments are covered in articles from over 200 magazines and academic journals including links to quality websites.
- Testing and Education Reference Center – Want to take the PSAT, ACT, SAT, and AP on-line practice tests? Need help finding scholarships? Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries.