Scholarship Awards are available to incoming freshman students who have been accepted to St. Michael High School. In addition, the school offers financial aid to families of registered students who show a special need for additional assistance. Applicants must apply online at our website www.smhsbr.org under the “Admissions” tab. The request will be reviewed by the Finance Committee, who will determine the family’s eligibility and amount of financial aid to be awarded.
Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen:
SMHS Warrior Club, St. Michael Foundation Scholarship
• One-time $1,000 award given to four 8th grade students from one of the Catholic
• Given on the basis of: academic achievement, involvement in one or more
extracurricular activity, demonstrated leadership qualities, Christian attitude in daily
life, and financial need
Jake T. Ragusa, Jr. Scholarship
• One-time $500 award given to an 8th grade student from St. Thomas More Catholic
• Given on the basis of: GPA 3.0 or higher, involvement in one or more extracurricular
activity, demonstrated leadership qualities, lives with Christian thoughtfulness,
actions, attitudes, and faith; and financial need
• One-time $1,000 award
• Sponsored by the SMHS Student Council
• Given on the basis of: superb leadership qualities, high academic standing, active
involvement in extracurricular activities, and lives the virtues of Veritas, Fides, and
How to Apply?
• Applicants must apply by downloading the attached application form using the buttons above. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 3, 2019. Applications can be mailed, faxed or emailed to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The request will then be reviewed by the Scholarship Awards Committee, who will
determine who has been selected. Awards will be presented at the candidates
school awards ceremony or 8th grade graduation.